Do you have some home renovation projects on your list of 2022 goals?
- Fresh Paint A fresh coat of paint is the easiest and most cost-effective update to make to your home, especially if you plan to sell soon. Warm, neutral colors are your best bet since they brighten up your space and make it easy for buyers to imagine their own things in the room. Be sure to paint trim and ceilings and make sure you fill and smooth holes out, too!
- New Front Door The front door is part of your home’s first impression, so it’s easy to see that a new front door goes a long way when it comes to curb appeal.
- Wood Deck Coming out of pandemic-era life consumers now know more than ever how important outdoor space can be. While the price of a new wood deck can be high, especially these days, they are know for recouping as much as 80% of the initial cost upon sale.
- Attic Conversion If you live in one of Chicago’s 5 ADU pilot program areas we seriously suggest taking advantage of it. Adding an ADU in your basement or attic can bring serious rental income and resale value to your home.
- Garage Door Replacement Similar to the front door curb appeal situation, a new garage door carries a lot of bang for it’s buck when it comes to ROI. Some stat show that newer garage doors actually correlates to the speed that a home sells.